The Project Management Institute, Southern Caribbean Chapter (PMI SCC) was chartered in 1999 and was registered as a non-profit organisation in Trinidad and Tobago in June 2001.
PMI SCC is the leading membership association for the project management profession in the region for almost 10 years, with more than 550 professional members in 13 nations representing a range of industries with about 60% of the membership being PMI Credentialed.
It is a member of PMI Region 14 and is the 8th largest Chapter out of the 23 Chapters from the south-eastern United States and the Caribbean region.
Additionally, PMI SCC is a chartered component of the Project Management Institute (PMI). The world’s leading not-for-profit project management professional association, with over 269,000 members in over 170 countries worldwide.
- To promote and institutionalize Project Management in Trinidad and Tobago and the Southern Caribbean. Through the advancement of the Project Management discipline.
- To become the knowledge authority on Project Management in Trinidad and Tobago and the Southern Caribbean.
- To aid in establishing the use of common Project Management jargon in all fields and sectors of the economy.
- To encourage greater eagerness to belong to this professional body through an improved image for PMI SCC.
- To foster common knowledge of Project Management as a discipline and as a career option.
- To become a body that could assist and/or has input into National and Regional Programmes and Projects both in the public and private sector.